Monday, June 17, 2013

1 month in Peru

Familia-

;) I know it wasn´t dad´s birthday....... Ha ha ha.

Question and Answer section:
 
1. Are you sick yet? ( I have to keep asking, Moms just need to know)
  YES. Ha ha ha. I have had bronchitus all this last week.
2. Did you receive any of my mail yet?
  Yes! Got your pics las Tuesday. I loved them. Thank you!
3. What is your companion like?
   He went to the smartest college in Peru. Ha ha ha. He speaks very little English.
4. Is your companion waiting for a visa to anywhere else?
    No.
5. What do you think about the mission change- losing Huaraz to Lima West Mission?
    I am really bummed. It seems like Huaraz was the last peice of ¨not desert¨left in our mission.    It also had the most ruins to go see. But oh well.
6. How did you like the Papa Johns Pizza- was it pretty much the same?
   It´s the same. Execpt nobody here likes Hawiian pizza. I don´t even think it´s an option.
7. How are your feet holding up? How about your shoes?
    Feet are fine. No worms yet. Ha ha ha.
8. Have you played soccer with the Elders yet?
    Yes. Last time was with the Elders. They are mostly natives.
9. Are you able to see the pictures that I send?
   Yes.
10. Courtney wants to know why you didn't write her back?
   I REALLY don´t have time.... I am sorry. I make this letter and the letter to the president a priority. And then my time is usually over.
11. Is it best for me to ship to the mission home? How do you get your mail?
    Mission home works fine. They send mail to us from there weekly.
12. Do you dream in Spanish? They say when you start dreaming in Spanish your getting the language.
      Ha ha ha ha. No. Give me a year.
13. How do you like the weather there? Do you have humidity?
    It´s really humid. But I´m used to it already. 
 
ONE SECOND - WE HAVE TO RUN BACK TO THE ROOM REALLY QUICK, I´LL FINISH THIS IN A FEW MINUTES, MAYBE HOURS....
 
 
I´m okay. Don´t worry about me being sick. Our pensionista´s daughter had it and I guess
I got it... Anyway... Okay... I´m trying to send a picture..... it´s taking FOREVER to upload. But I will do my best to send it.
   I thought a lot about dad yesterday. I even wore his yellow and blue striped tie. I miss him... that weird old man.... Every once in a while, I am astounded at how my actions resemble his in some way. Like my humor that NOBODY understands here. And I totally adopted his ¨dumb guy smile¨ that he uses on Courtney all the time. I am sad that I don´t get to see him again for 21 months. But then I think that I´ve already been away for half a half a year. I´m already an 8th of the way done.... And I am loving Casagrande. I only have 6 weeks left here and then I get transferred. I don´t want to leave it. So there´s my shout out to dad.
   And grandpa Boekweg. I felt so much better after I read your email. I was thinking about your mission a few weeks ago and how much harder Dutch must have been to learn than Spanish is. I really appreciate all the messages from you and Grandma, even if I don´t have time to write them back, for which I am very sorry.
   And to the Gregrich family... How are you guys doing!? Is Taylor excited that it is finally summer vacation from school? I think it´s cool that y´all´re following my blog. (Which I, ironically, have not seen...) I hope it´s cool. My mom usually does a really good job with stuff like that.

 So Casagrande was founded by Nazis, I think. It looks like they came here after WW2 and started all the sugarcane stuff. The Gildemeister family apparently owned most of the town, including the smokestack. Then in the 60´s Peruvian government kicked them out for some reason I still don´t understand. anyway, here is a picture of their house, that arned Casagrande, or Bighouse, it´s name. Uncle, I think it could make a perfectly awesome map in Nazi Zombies.... because that´s the first thing I thought when I saw it. This is by FAR the nicest house in this city.... and it´s like 70 years old. so it´s falling apart. Creepy.
Anyway, I love you all. I will try to send more pictures................. but like always, no promises. Ha ha ha. 
 
YAY PICTURES!!!
 
Maybe Chances apartment?? He didn't say, but it fits the description.
 

House he referred to in email. 

 Chance and companion

 Pizza at Mission Home
 

Group photo of Chances and all the new missionaries. He is in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment