Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Worn Shoes

Mom,

Last night, my companion shined my shoes for me while I took a shower, and as I picked them up and stared at them, I realized how worn they were. I realized that I have walked a VERY VERY VERY long distance in them. I cried. I don't want this to end. I have never been so happy and so sure that I had a purpose. My soul has never felt such a profound thing..... it's sadness, but happiness that I will get to see everyone again.
 
It sounds like Brayden is already a general authority. I could write his biography on LDS.org right now if I wanted. Ha ha ha. Everyone seems happy. So Brayden and Sadie are engaged, eh? Right on. CONGRATS, GUYS! I have waited for this day for many years...... ha ha ha ha.
 
I only have 5 more letters home........ and then I AM home................ And I have absolutely no idea what comes after that. I sure hope I can figure it out quick. I don't want to waste any time.
 
I have thought a lot about the temple this week. There is no greater blessing than those that are had in the temple. We can in  no other place find a promise so eternal. We can be with the people we love forever. Without ever having to worry about losing them. We all need to focus more on those blessings. Go to the temple more. Remember more clearly that it is for that very reason that we are here in mortality........ and that's my thought for the week.
 
Happy Birthdays, cousins! ¡Feliz Cumpleaños, primas! Me parece que debo escribir eso en ambos idiomas para que todos me puedan entender. MJ- Vamos a hablar mucho cuando estè en casa yo. Me tienes que ayudar a recordar lo que he aprendido aquì para siempre. ¡Te contarè historias de la tierra de tu papà! Seguro que èl tambien tendrà aùn màs historias que yo, y yo las quiero escuchar en ¡PURO CASTELLANO! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 
Grandma Boekweg - "Cancha" or Popcorn, is a highly popular snack food here. They eat it at all times during the day. Morning, afternoon, night, etc. So yes, we do get to eat popcorn every once in a while. There is an abundance of corn here in Peru
 
I have to go now...... but I love you. Until next week, and until next month when I can talk forever if you want, I guess I'm signing off. Isn't that the most frustrating thing? Ha ha ha. I have consistently hated that in the mission. I wish I could type faster. But it won't be a problem for too much longer.
 
I love you. Love you too dad.

- Elder Boekweg

No comments:

Post a Comment