Monday, December 9, 2013

Following the Spirit

Mom,
Holy cow. The spoons are perfect. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Brayden will always have a special place in my heart.
The video that starts with Courtney worked. None of the others did. Every single person in the office asked who she was. You´ve got to quit sending me pictures of her. I´m going to get mugged. But it was so cool to see you all again in motion! I wish Dad would have said more than 2 words! He looks like Reb Tevya. Ha ha ha ha. Nobody believes me that he is my dad. They all think it´s uncle....


 
....... a moment of silence for the cool car of my youth............................................................................................................................................................................................................................ thank you. I will suredly miss it. I knew it would sell fast. Nobody can resist red hick cars. But the truck has got to be a single cab. None of this back seat garbage.


 
I GOT YOUR PACKAGE! I love the tree. Ha ha ha ha. I am excited to open the other part in a few short weeks. I must say, that my absolute favorite thing to get in the mail is pictures. Solid copies of pictures. I love them. No matter who they are from. I just like to look at people. Ha ha ha ha.


 
Watch the mail, Courtney........


 
I suddenly have like........ ridiculous amounts of facial hair. I can´t believe it. I could totally grow a full-on beard if I weren´t a missionary. Ha ha ha. Also, I get to work out every single night, minus Sunday, and it´s finally starting to pay off...... hehehehehehehehehe. Manliness has been enhanced by aproximately 16%.


 
Grace Duffy is so awesome! I am so grateful for people like her, who selflessly give to almost perfect strangers. I am happy to serve a mission knowing that people like her are behind me.


 
Taylor Gregrich..... be good! Merry Christmas!


 
Kaylee Hopper........ I need another update! Your letter made me extremely happy.


 
I hope my pictures make everyone happy. Ha ha ha. You all know how much I hate taking them. Ha ha ha ha ha. I finally figured out how to put them on my computer.


 
This week was so fast. One of the nights I was out in the streets until 11:30pm making copies of a paper that Elder Grow needed for his talk in Chimbote. That kind of thing happens to me a ton in the office. I am constantly out late and up early. The office has taught me a ton about following the Spirit, because there arent so many black and white fire and brimstone rules. We have to do things like stay out too late. You always have to listen really close to see if what you are doing is making the spirit happy. We have very little repetitious activities. Every single day is 100% different than the day before. Study always takes time at a different hour of the day. Everything we do is.... different........ I never imagine missionary life like this. Ha ha ha. I have never worked so hard in my life. I work hard from 7am, sometimes earlier, to 10:30pm every day. I think I could support a family like this in the states. A bilingual secretary who is also a doctor for the CEO of a company. I work like 16 hours a day......


 
I guess that´s it for this week........ I am excited to talk with everybody in 3 weeks.


 
I love you all. I send you the best from the land of Perú.


 
- Elder Boekweg

 

p.s. - ROBERTO - tiene enseñarme hacer chicha morada cuando regreso a los estados. Tambien, quisiera preguntarle ¿para cuál equipo exactamente jugaba? ¿Municipal, tal vez? Recuerdo un photo que me mostró hace tiempo y Usted tenía un polo parecido a los del equipo nacional de Perú.
 



 




 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment