Saturday, December 28, 2013

See ya in 2014!

First I will tell you all that we were able to Skype with Chance on Christmas Day. It was the best Christmas present we have ever had. We laughed and talked and asked all the questions we wanted to know. Chance told us a few mission experiences. We got to SEE Chances face and hear the most beautiful testimony ever. What an awesome amazing experience. We love our Missionary!!!
 
 
 
 
Chances email this week:
 
I cannot BELIEVE that 2013 is on the way out...... this year didn't even exist. When I think that back in February I was in the Tire Warehouse, I am blown away....... If this year went this fast, next year will go even faster in every respect. I will be home before you feel like I was ever gone. Sleeping in that new bed...... driving a new-old S10........ playing that NEW BANJO.......... :) That is what I want for my birthday. I am serious. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. 

I am glad you think I look older. It´s about time. Sometimes, I look in the mirror and wonder how I ever got this old. The last thing I remember was going to gym class in my Freshman year of high school. Since then, time has blurred by. I don´t remember anything since. You should see the size of my pecks. I work out like an animal every night. It´s the only way I keep from going insane. I am taller, and buffer. It´s stinkin cool. Not to mention my beard..... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Maybe I was just a really late bloomer. I am grateful that I am still hairless, though. Phew.

 I showed everyone a picture of Roberto, and everyone agrees that he really does look like the most Peruvian man who ever lived. I can't wait to talk to him in his own language.
I don't have much to say this week, because I told you so much on Skype. So I guess I will sign off until next Saturday.....

I genuinely love everyone I left back home. I look forward to the day when I can see you all again. But until that day, I am happy in the service of the Lord. I know that I am exactly where the Lord wants me to be right now. And that´s all that matters.

See ya in 2014!

 
Con el amor de cien soles,
Elder Boekweg
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment