Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Years in Peru is Awesome!!

Sorry Courtney's sweater is Grinch green.... ha ha ha. But it IS made of real llama wool....... ha ha ha. The wood thing is a cool story. A guy carves those things completely from scratch. How cool is that? It was 200 soles.... which is like...... 70 dollars... but I figured it was worth it. I am only on a mission like this once. And it was the PERFECT little recuerdo from my mission. Anyway, I'm glad you got it all safe. I think I'll be sending another package like that home soon. With Elder Hansen, who's cousins live in Tooele. I might even get this one delivered to you. Sweet, right? Personal Secretary has it's perks... ha ha ha.

I will buying some things to send home with Elder Hansen today... so don't be suprised if there's a lot of money missing today..... I have the perfect Idea........ Maybe I can haggle it down to be cheaper....

Tell the Gomez family that I love them. They occupied my brain for a minute this week. I miss them, too. And Levi....... use the force, man.

I don't have much time this week. Letters to President seem extra long in the office. oh well. I love you all. Good luck on the northern front!
Got to go. Love you. I'll talk to you later! 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2013 went SO fast.... I was working in Tire warehouse a YEAR ago.......
Love you, bye!
-Elder Boekweg
 
 
 
1. What did you do on New Years?
     New Years in PerĂº is AWESOME. Ha ha ha ha. Imagine an entire country where everyone has fireworks that are totally illegal in the states. I stayed up to watch it, though my comp went to bed. It was like the whole sky was blanketed in dangerous explosions. It was SO loud. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
2. What should we do about a suit?
    Don't know. Don't worry about it. I'm going to wear this suit right into the ground. I don't even know where you'd find them here... I'll have to look.
I think Elder Smith is going to give me his suit. Ha ha ha. He goes home in one change, and it's already too small for him. I'll see if I can leech it from him..... He'll probably come by the house in Tooele, too eventually. He told me he wants to meet you.
3. Are you still playing soccer?
  Yes..... ha ha ha
4. What is the temperature there now?
    mid 90's. It's the humidity that kills....
5. Any special requests for your birthday package?
     I want a letter from Bishop Coombs..... I don't know why. I just love that guy..... he is very dear to me. Also... I would like an update about Kaylee Hopper. Maybe a thing of Whey's protein?

These pictures are of the things Chance sent home for Christmas.

Trujillo Peru Temple- currently under construction
Scheduled to open 2015

Sweater made of real Llama wool

Courtney loves her Llama sweater


Chance in a skit on Christmas Day. He's the one on the left.

1 comment:

  1. Good purchase by Chance. That temple picture is so cool. I hope he finds more cool things to bring home. Granted I was only in Georgia, but I wish I would have gotten more things from my mission that were specific to there.

    ReplyDelete