Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Man

Questions First:

1. Is the clinic or hospital that you talk about private?
    La Clinica Peruano Americana was founded in the early 60's and still stands today. I have no idea what a private hospital even is.... ha ha ha ha ha  
2. What kind of sickness are you dealing with besides tapeworms and chicken pox?
    We've had a million dog bites, spider bites, and every other sort of bite you can think of. Also, Apendicitus seems to be a problem here...... I've had 2 cases in 6 months come up.
3. How many local missionaries to foreign missionaries are there?
    About 60% of the missionaries are from Perú. 30% is still Latin, but from some other part. 10% is white.
4. What kind of Peruvian holidays have you celebrated?
    Honestly, I don't know.... Every day feels the same to me. Unless people tell me it's a holiday, I have no idea. July 24 is Peruvian 4th of July, though.....
5. How big is the ward that you attend now?
    upside of 100 members
6. Have you tried your Lifestraw yet?
   Haven't needed to. I am saving it... I think I'm going to get sent back out the STICKS of the   mission when I am done here..... I probably have 6 more weeks here.
7. Do you have good cows milk there?
    Don't know. All milk here is evaporated...... I cry a little each night over that one.
8. What are the members like there?
    You can tell the church hasn't been here as long.... sometimes you hear some crazy things over the pulpit.... ha ha ha ha. But they are good people. You can tell they love their Savior. And that is really what matters most.
9. Have you been on any more trips with President Marler?
    Not since Ascope.
10. Have you heard anyone speak the language Quechua?
     Quechua is the native mountain language here. It is pure Lamanite tongue. I have never heard it spoken before, but I bought a book of Mormon in Quechua, and it looks really hard. There are chapters missing, because it still isn't all the way translated yet. Crazy, right?
11. Can you see the ocean? Is it beautiful? What about the beaches?
    Yes I can. There is a lot of garbage on the beach here, though.
12. Do you have any allergies there?
     Not at all.
13. How are your shoes holding up? Its been almost a year :)
     These shoes are tanks. I think they'll go all 24 months. They are indestructible. I recommend them to everyone.
14. Did you write Puddle of Glory?
     Yes I did
15. Does anyone in your mission have IPADs or Facebook yet?
     Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I'll assume that was a joke. We are NEVER going to have Ipads here. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
 
 
This week was really, really fast. My trainer, Elder Zavaleta just got called as the new mission assistant. I guess I had a pretty good trainer, eh? I live with him again.... it's a little weird....... I can understand him now.

Bishop Coombs. I cried when I read your letter. I love you so much. You may never know how much you helped me as a youth. You were so understanding. You taught me so many great things. I will forever be thankful for my time with you.

 
Courtney..... Lookin' good. (She just had her wisdom teeth out)


 
THERE IS A NEW DUNKIN' DOUGHNUTS HERE IN TRUJILLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is amazing how grateful I am for simple things now..... We have so much in the U.S.

I am excited to hear that Dallin Gomez is having a baby and I am glad Levi liked his tie. It kind of looks like fish scales on some parts.... I thought it was pretty cool.

I am sending home some things with Elder Kaden Hansen, who has family in Tooele. He says he wants to swing by the house and drop it off. He is a great guy. You may want to treat him to dinner and some peanut butter popcorn. He is about 7 feet tall and 4 feet wide, and bald. You'll know him when you see him. He really is great. I am going to give him your number so he can coordinate with you. He was my first district leader. He knows me well.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you're so old...... I remember when you were BORN! The Megan ER....... weird.......
 
With all my love, from the other side of the world,

Elder Boekweg
 
 
 
The Man
The Man asked me to give myself,
And not just what I had,
He told me that He´d known me long,
Though I knew not the Man,
 He promised me He´d see me through,
The things that we would face,
He´d make me strong when I was weak,
And all my sins erase,
 
I followed Him, though knew not where,
Through places near and far,
At times, the Man was all I had,
I trusted in His arm,
Time and time, He saw me through,
And caught me as I fell,
I was not enough to follow Him,
As far I could tell,
 
The Man would smile every time,
And help me off the ground,
Get me back on my own feet,
To try it one more round,
I did my best; I told Him so,
Though failed many times,
He said that all was well with me,
He’d already made things right,
I asked if I would ever feel,
An easy path was mine,
He said as long as I would follow Him,
I´d walk a rugged line,
But at the end of all the pain,
A kingdom would be mine,
And I would rule it at His side,
Because I’d given Him my life,
 
And so I walk, through one more day,
The promised rugged line,
In His steps, I try my best,
And keep His words in mind,
I slip and fall, He helps me up,
Just as He´s always done,
The Man of perfect character,
The Father and the Son,
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment