Monday, June 23, 2014

Moving to Otuzco

1. Do you have a font there or what will you use?
    No font. We will baptize in volcanic thermal rivers.... sweet, right?
 
2. Do you have the ability to cook in your apartment? What did you mean when you said that you don't have an apartment, you live where you have church?
    We don't cook. We live with some really converted investigators.... odd, or what?
 
3. How do you do your laundry?
    I haven't done laundry since I've been here...... there really is nowhere to do it. Especially since the city has not had water in over 4 days now...... I am so dirty.... ha ha ha ha. But so is everyone else.... I want a hot shower SOOOOOOO badly....
 
4. Have you had some crazy varieties of potatoes yet?
    Yes.
 
5. How are your Sunday services? Do you hold all 3 meetings?
    We hold 2 hours of meetings. We do EVERYTHING. From the Sacrament to Gospel PRINCIPLES CLASS.
 
6. What is your companion like?
     Elder Bravo is awesome. We get along really well. Which is nice when you don't have much else in the world..... ha ha ha ha ha. One less challenge to face right now.
 
7. Is anyone there talking about the World Cup?
    I am in South America.....  what do you think? Ha ha ha. Soccer games are all they have for entertainment.
 
8. What do you do on P-day in your new area?
     Last week we hiked a mountain. This week we are going to visit a famous Spanish poet's house. (Cesar Vallejo is from Santiago)
 
9. Have you been healthy?
    Sort of....... I have had a bad cough for 3 weeks. Ha ha ha. But I don't feel sick. We are upheld by something extra as missionaries, I think. We get special help with stuff like that sometimes.


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DAD!!!!!! Sorry I forgot! In the mission, you don't even notice holidays.......

Sounds like we are getting moved out of Santiago and getting put in Otuzco. Crazy stuff.. I'll tell you all about it when I get home..... Ha ha ha. Nothing bad happened on our part, but there were some confusions. No worries. It'll still be the mountains, and it sounds even more dangerous than here...... I am stoked. I love being in places like this. People here are awesome. I will miss them.

I dont really have much more to say...... I can't send pictures from here because internet is too slow....

One cool thing happened this week. Apparently, in Catholic tradition, yesterday was "Corpus Cristi" or, "Body of Jesus" day.... The people here painted the entire plasa de armas with colored sawdust in images of Christ and white doves and things. We then watched the main priest from the cathedral march around the plaza with burning incense in his hands, and people waving smoke at him and stuff. HE HAD PEOPLE CARRYING A CANOPY OVER HIS HEAD.  It was a cool cultural thing. This city is very much Spanish, I would say.


I love you. I hope everyone has a good week!

- Elder Boekweg


These are some more pictures from the SD card Chance sent home.



No comments:

Post a Comment