Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Off to Chimbote

Questions first:
1. How was the conference with Elder Anderson? Remember Court met him at Prom. She even got her pic taken with him.
     Good. They said he speaks Spanish..... but,........ ha ha ha ha. He speaks French and Portuguese way better! But I loved his talk either way. He talked about the things that are not seen are the most important things in the church. Testimonies, etc.

2. Are all those beautiful cakes in Elder Harris's pics from a store or are they homemade? Gma Boekweg and I cant decide. It seems you have cake a lot!
  No idea what you are talking about. They make a lot of cakes here in factories.... most are kind of gross. I usually steer clear of them.

3. Have you had guinea pig or hamster yet?
    Yes. Heinous.

4.  Did Elder Harris get transferred?
      Nope. I did! Ha ha ha ha ha ha. I will now be serving in Chimbote! Zone leader of another crazy zone. They say it's as dangerous as Casa Grande there..... this should be good. At least I speak Spanish this time. I can't believe I got swapped again! that's four times in 2 changes! You'd think I caused trouble or something.... Sounds like I'll be with Elder Oyarzo, from Chile. He is in my group. Meaning, we arrived here at the same time. Let's go work the GHETTO!!!!!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!! Back on the coast, I guess..... I loved the mountains to death..... it will be hard to leave them. But I will go where I am called.

5. Did you get gpa Thorpes letter?
    YES! Thanks Grandpa! I hope you know how much letters mean to me. Especially coming from a man who I respect so much. I cried a little bit as I read it.

Hmmm............ I can't say that I really know what to say this time around. I am writing late because the bus ride to Trujillo was 6 hours long. I didn't have time to do it in Huamachuco. Anyway, Take a look at Chimbote on Google earth. I will be close to "El Carmen" district. They say it's pretty spooky over there sometimes. I am excited. I have a zone of 24 missionaries now. 20 Elders and 4 Hermanas. In the mountains, there were only 8 of us. ha ha hah a. Big change.

Elder Stewart Thomas coming home? I feel like I sat at his farewell just hours ago.... could it be that it has passed that fast? What about AJ Walters? I remember he was one of the very first of us to leave.

How is RJ doing? I love that guy.

Tell Lane Liddell to write me sometime. I miss hearing from him.
 
I had a dream this week that I was walking down Churchwood dr in the early summer when everything is green still. It was so beautiful. I think Tooele is my favorite place in the world still. Despite its desolate landscape and subzero temperatures. Not beacuse it is the biggest or richest or prettiest place on earth..... but because it is MY place on earth. But Perú still needs me and here I will stay for a few months longer. I am not afraid. I believe all things are possible. (watch the movie "ephraim's rescue" this week for me) and I will do whatever is necessary to bring to pass God's work here upon the earth.

I should also quickly mention that I had surgery this week. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Kind of. I had my entire right big toenail extracted because it was so horrendously ingrown. So now I have 9 toenails..... I think it will grow back in a few months. It is weird to walk with no nail.... your toe feels too soft............

I love my Savior. He did for me what no other could. He died for my sins so that I could be forgiven and saved with Him at the last day. I know He lives. I know He loves each of us. I know that someday we will understand the why things are the way there are completely. There is no end to His goodness and glory. He is my master and I am forever indebted to Him.

Have a great week!

- Elder Boekweg
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment