Monday, January 26, 2015

True Peace and Happiness

Thanks for the long letter today. I like them long. I hope all is well back in Lincolnshire. Land of peace and snow.

I wanted to share this with you all this week:

Jesus Christ is the infinite and eternal Savior of our souls. What He did can never be repaid by any amount of work or really anything. I can't imagine the love He has for us. Do we realize that He, being an embodied spirit was willing to endure the excruciatng pain of being nailed to a cross for us? I know that He lives. I know that He loves us. I know that He never abandons us or leaves us alone to fight the adversary when we seek Him. He cannot. Because He is the only way to beat the opposition. We cannot do it without Him. Every sin, and every mistake would label us forever as "unfit" for the kingdom of God. But luckily, thanks to one Man who was able and willing to pay the crushing debt, we can take control of our lives, and drive them in the way that leads to God and happiness. There is no other way. We can search in vain for years or even lifetimes for an effective substitute, hoping that some form of mundane entertainment or amnesia will wash away what we ourselves cannot; but we will never find it. I testify that the only power that has the capacity to remove whatever feelings of saddness, or guilt, or burden that we may have is the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We cannot argue any other way, because nobody who has ever sought peace in another way has ever found it. It simply doesn't exist anyplace else! We can intend to mask our problems, coating them in prettier words until nobody will point a finger, but I think that deep down, the afflicted will always know that there is something wrong. Some seemingly unsolvable puzzle that never disappears. I invite everyone reading to do what Jeffrey R Holland invites us to do and "give place to the enemy of our souls no more." Don't let the adversary win. He doesn't have the power to force us into saddness. We have to choose it. If something is wrong, FIX IT. Repent. Ask forgiveness. Work hard and with a plan. Do whatever is necessary to get rid of those feelings, because they are not worth carrying.
Our Savior stands ready with open arms to receive every soul that is brave and smart enough to come unto Him. He makes no exceptions. All are invited. We have the chance to weekly renew our repentance process, and remember Him. The Sacrament. Please participate, or the infinite sacrifice of our loving Savior goes to an ironic waste. He cannot heal us if we don't let Him. And we are the only force standing in the way.

Congrats, Brayden. I am hopeful for many more exciting things in the near future.

Sorry I don't have time to write more. I thought hard about that paragraph. I hope it helps someone who needs it this week. My heart is continually drawnout in prayer for all of you. I undertand that scripture now. I love you all so much. I wish everyone would know what true peace and happiness is. It only comes through obedience.

Love you,

Elder Boekweg

No comments:

Post a Comment